Preparing your Property for Showing
- Selling residential real estate is our business. We encourage sellers to learn from our experience on how to expose the most attractive features of your property and prepare for showings or open houses.
- Make sure your rooms are not cluttered. Clear all excess chairs, lamps, magazines, toys, and tables that you don’t use.
- Windows should sparkle. Blinds and curtains should be open and lights should be on to brighten the room.
- If the paint is peeling or cracking, consider painting the apartment.
- Keep in mind that closets seem bigger if they are not too full.
- Clean your bathrooms, kitchen and mop the floors.
- Flowers, potpourri, or even the smell of freshly brewed coffee will make your home more inviting.
- Agents and buyers often feel more relaxed and comfortable discussing the property in private. Perhaps you would prefer to be away during the showing?
- Consult your Nest Seekers agent about researching comparable sales to price your property.
- Following our guidance will help you sell your property for the highest possible price in the most effective manner.
Bidding and Negotiating
- Our agents will request all offers in writing. Based on the building requirements we will pre-qualify every buyer and may request a financial statement with the offer.
- Since we owe our fiduciary responsibility to you the sellers our goal will be to negotiate the highest price possible keeping in mind not to lose the buyer. With countless transactions and negotiation experience we will guide you through every step of the way on making sure you have a successful transaction.
- Our marketing efforts sometimes may produce more than one buyer interested in purchasing your property. Our agents are trained in coordinating healthy bidding wars and finishing with an ethical Last & Final step. It takes a skilled broker to coordinate a successful bidding war.
Listing to Closing
- Comparative Market Analysis
- Pricing Property
- Marketing Plan
- Listing on MLS
- Advertising online
- Advertising Print
- Mailing campaign
- Open Houses
- Scheduling appointments
- Progress report
- Presenting offers
- Offer & Acceptance
- Deal sheet out to lawyers
- Due diligence
- Contract signed by buyer
- Board package
- Contract signed by seller
- Commitment letter for mortgage
- Submit board package
- Possible board interview
Broker:6%Seller’s attorney:$1,500 and upCoop attorney:$450 and upStock transfer tax:$.05 per shareMove out deposit*:$1,000New York City transfer tax:1% of gross purchase price up to $500,000, 1.425% of price if over $500,000New York State transfer tax:.4% (.004) of pricePayoff bank attorney:$350UCC-3 filing fee:$30
Condominiums and Townhouses
Broker: 6%Seller’s attorney:$1,500 and upManaging agent fee:$450 and upMove out deposit*:$1,000New York City transfer tax:1% of gross purchase price up to $500,000, 1.425% of price if over $500,000New York State transfer tax:.4% (.004) of priceMiscellaneous title company fees:$200Payoff bank attorney:$300 and up